Saturday, February 19, 2011

Endgame: How one band will change mainstream music

The Rolling Stones. The Who. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Rise Against. Yes, the Melodic Hardcore Punk band is about to be on the same page as the household name rock bands out there. Chicago-based group Rise Against is close to releasing their next album, Endgame. The album is due to be released on March 15th, 2011. Now, I can already tell you this: it will be #1 on the Billboard 200. Just look at Rise's previous albums. The Sufferer and The Witness debuted at #10 on the 200. The following album, Appeal to Reason, debuted at #3 on the 200.

Now, music has had a major change recently. With Arcade taking home the Grammy for Best Album and Mumford and Sons securing the #1 album on several charts, top 40 music will definitely be changing. If Endgame debuts at #1, I can almost guarantee that rock and alternative will be the majority of the top 40 in the next decade. If you don't believe me, check out the two singles off of Rise's new album. "Help Is on The Way" and "Architects" are two amazing songs. Now, when I hear a song for the first time, I usually have to hear it a few more times to see if I like it or not. But when Tim McIlrath, the singer of Rise Against came onto the radio station KROQ to debut HIOTW, I knew something good was in store. It's not every day that a singer flies out to Los Angeles just so he can be there when their song comes on the radio. And it was a good choice. I was thoroughly impressed the first time I heard the song, which is saying a lot. Now, I just recently heard "Architects" and again, I was liked it the first time I heard it. We are talking about songs that definitely will be heard for some time all over the radio. So if you get a chance, go and check out the two singles. And if you like them, make sure to pick up a copy of Endgame on March 15th. Also, stay tuned for an album review, coming no later than March 16th. Keep enjoying music, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment